Ingrid & Isabel Careers
Title: Senior Manager of Product Development and Production
Location: San Francisco, CA
The candidate should be creative, inspired, responsible, and able to lead a strong team with confidence, skill and determination. This candidate will work collaboratively with design, technical design, merchandising, and planning. In addition, the candidate is required to communicate with clarity to our suppliers and factories, and to manage and share the information with all cross functional teams including manager. The ability to problem solve and interpret product innovation are required attributes for the ideal candidate.
ESSENTIAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION JOB FUNCTIONS:
Be sure that all product is built with integrity and intention and provide clear communication when it is not with innovative solutions.
- Lead the team through all cross functional meetings. Manage the time, the information and the outcome of each meeting. Product Development owns this meeting and is responsible for creating the weekly agenda.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the product development and production process. This includes the implementation of a calendar, critical content for weekly CFT meetings, costing, sourcing of factories and raw materials and all tools needed to fiscally manage the business.
- Provide input on vendor base and country strategy
- Create and manage multi-season calendars. These calendars to be shared with and be in-agreement with key suppliers, factories and cross functionals members.
- Manage and maintain all critical shared documents such as but not limited to development WIP, cost sheets vendor/style allocation, sample status, calendar and margin reports.
- Inspire and create an atmosphere of confidence and comradery within the team and direct reports.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Research and seek out information that can add to timely problem-solving solutions.
- Manage and maintain all development actions on the T&A calendar. This document to be reviewed at the CFT weekly meetings.
- Communicate with factories and mills to ensure capacity and raw materials for development samples and bulk production.
- Maintain WIP reports with each vendor to ensure on time garment delivery
- Review costing with Director and cross functional team at each milestone fitting. Ensure that the factory provides accurate costing with each sample.
- Responsible for negotiation and working with suppliers and factories that can meet our IMU% goals as well as the brand quality and design esthetic.
- Negotiate MOQ and sample capacity with each factory. Determine if this is workable for the business. Share this information with CFT. This information is planned at the beginning of each season and then updated during the development season as needed.
- Collaborates and manages-up all business issues with supervisor
- Responsible for managing a timely and complete hand-off of all data and binders for bulk production
- Have a sense of urgency and know when and how to present facts that will lead to positive problem-solving options.
- Oversees and ensures all Purchase Orders are submitted accurately and on time
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in the apparel industry
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency
- Commitment and superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and garment construction
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Proficiency with PLM, Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus