Ingrid & Isabel Careers
Title: Product Development & Production Assistant
This individual will be responsible for supporting and executing the product from design inception through to production completion. The candidate should be detail oriented, responsible, and work with determination to complete all projects.
This candidate will work collaboratively with design, technical design, merchandising and planning teams. In addition, the candidate is required to communicate with clarity to suppliers, factories, and to manage and share information with all cross functional teams including their manager. A sense of urgency and ability to problem solve are required attributes for the ideal candidate.
ESSENTIAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the team through all cross functional meetings
- A clear understanding of the product development process, multi-season calendar, and all business tools
- Maintain critical shared documents such as WIP reports, sample status, and cost sheets
- Fosters comradery within the team
- Must have excellent and clear communication skills
- Seek out information that can add to timely problem-solving solutions
- Communicate with factories and mills to ensure capacity and raw materials for all samples and bulk production.
- Follow up and ensure all costing and proto samples are received on time
- Collaborates and manages-up all business issues with supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining binder records of all fabrics, styles and product detail
- Have a sense of urgency and present facts that will lead to positive and timely solutions
- Manage production according to the time and action calendar
- Manage style set up once purchase orders are passed. This is done in the FDM4 system. Responsible for confirming the accuracy of purchase orders to the merchandise buy plan.
- Daily communication with vendors to ensure on time production delivery dates.
- Upon order placement, reconfirm factory capacity, FOB, MOQ and negotiated delivery.
- Support the technical design team on proto and fit sample needs
- Work with Logistics and the Warehouse teams as needed on any delivery issues
- Work with factories and inhouse lab on fabric testing and dye lot approval
- Manage the Vendor Portal process through FDM4. All vendors to be set up on the portal to allow them to print UPC stickers and master carton labels
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of production experience in the apparel industry
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with appropriate sense of urgency
- Commitment and superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, build trust and relationships with vendor & company staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of product cycle timeline and garment construction
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
- Proficiency with PLM, Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus