Ingrid & Isabel, the leading apparel brand in the premium maternity category, designs innovative pregnancy essentials to help women look and feel beautiful throughout pregnancy and beyond. Since the launch in 2003 with the lead product The Bellaband®, the company has expanded to include activewear, nursing, fashion, and more. Ingrid & Isabel’s line is available at speciality stores across the US, as well as major retailers including Nordstrom, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap and more! Launched in 2017, you can also find Ingrid & Isabel’s sister line, Isabel Maternity, in over 1800 Target stores.
Ingrid & Isabel (IAI) has entered an extremely exciting time of expansion and growth since its inception in 2001. As our Senior Accountant you will be the first and lead finance person in the company, partnering with your colleagues in operations and our external partners (IT, warehouse, etc.) to ensure a smooth implementation of services and accurate GL data. Ongoing, you will be responsible for month-end closes, communication of financial results, and maintaining a strong relationship with the bank. As this is a leadership role, we are looking for someone who has aspirations to be a Controller and has experience in system implementations, which demonstrate your cross-functional business acumen. You must have strong communication skills and be a positive, team player, as this is a family-style business with great culture, where everyone pitches in to ensure our continued success.
- Immediate focus will be to serve as Project Manager for a back office transition: in partnership with Operations, ensure the ERP implementation and data capture are succeeding on time/on budget. You will have an oversight role but not be solely responsible for accounting until transition is complete.
Once the transition is complete:
- Oversee general ledger accounting and reporting. Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for balance sheet and income statement accounts (including preparing and/or reviewing account reconciliations)
- Keep a tight pulse on working capital to ensure the company always has ample visibility to cash. This means working with your colleagues in sales as needed to ensure timely A/R, working with your colleagues in Operations to ensure we maintain the right payment terms with our vendors, and managing our bank line of credit
- Prepare monthly management reporting, highlighting variances vs. plan and providing insight to management on risks and upsides
- Prepare monthly bank reporting (borrowing base certificates and covenants)
- Establish a SOX-light, high-quality control environment – roll out and maintain policies and procedures appropriate to the scale of the business, and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Cooperate with outside tax advisors on annual review/tax reporting for the partners
- Champion and roll out ERP system enhancements and ensure team is fully maximizing the potential for leveraging the system
- Ad-hoc financial analytics projects as required from time to time
- Lead the annual budgeting process in cooperation with the rest of the leadership team.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
- You have a bachelor’s degree (required); prefer major in Accounting / Finance or Business Administration; MBA a plus
- You have 8-10+ years of work experience.
- Active CPA, Big four public accounting experience are desirable
- You have excellent technical accounting skills with an understanding of GAAP standards for the apparel industry
- You have experience using NetSuite and successfully implementing an ERP system
- You have experience in inventory management environments (e.g., retail or wholesale companies) and ability to develop policies, processes, and controls; Experience with marketplaces or e-commerce is a plus.
- You possess cross-functional business perspective and a strong analytical mind, meticulous attention to detail, and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and results-oriented, and can adapt in a growing/changing work environment
- You have strong oral and written communication along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts and internal management
- You have experience managing third-party relationships; innovative approach to delivering finance function
Competitive Salary and Benefits
To apply: Send brief cover letter and resume to cristina.arthun@