Ingrid & Isabel Careers
Title: Technical Designer
Reports To: Senior Technical Designer
Works With: Director, Product Dev Manager, Merchandising, Planning, and various vendors and partners
Ingrid & Isabel
The Technical Design team is committed to creating well-fitting and high-quality product for mom. You have an extraordinary opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that is passionate about fit and innovation. We are looking for a Technical Designer who enjoys weaving creative problem solving with technical accuracy to create amazing product. The Technical Designer will have an opportunity to work with both the Ingrid & Isabel brand as well as Isabel Maternity sold in 1800 Target stores across the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining company fit standards.
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Ensure size and fit consistency across size sets samples for each style.
- Communicate fit and balance issues via pattern diagram or directly on pattern.
- Leads fit session on live model or mannequin.
- Assure deadlines are met.
- Identify and proactively engage team when issues arise.
- Collaborate with design partners on creation of a style to establish the initial spec and construction detail.
- Fosters open communication and team environment with all business partners; receives constructive feedback professionally.
- Holds self and others accountable for deadlines and work commitments.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent.
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent.
- Identify potential product, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product and ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional team; gather information and update all reports necessary for meeting.
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
- 5+ years’ experience in the apparel industry.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot, and problem solve.
- Ability to effectively influence.
- Ability to convey necessary corrections.
- Strong computer skills (preferred programs: computer pattern programs, such as ADS, Gerber, Lectra, computer spec writing programs such as Gerber, PDM, Karat, email system i.e. Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word)
- AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.