Ingrid & Isabel Careers
Title: Assistant Technical Designer
Reports To: Senior Technical Designer
Works With: Director, Product Dev Manager, Merchandising, Planning, and various vendors and partners
The Technical Design team is committed to creating well-fitting and high-quality product for mom. You have an extraordinary opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that is passionate about fit and innovation. We are looking for a Assistant Technical Designer to support the Tech Design team. The Assistant Technical Designer will have an opportunity to work with both the Ingrid & Isabel brand as well as Isabel Maternity sold in 1800 Target stores across the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and updates all technical files and tracking grids.
- Communicates daily via email with overseas vendors re: fit, specs, grading issues and construction via fit comments
- Schedules and communicates internal fittings based on sample flow
- Prepares for daily fittings: measures fit samples, analyzes construction prior to fitting, analyzes discrepancies with Technical Designer prior to fittings
- Takes fit notes during fittings
- Tracks and ships samples; receives and logs all incoming/outgoing samples
- Maintains sample closet
- Interacts daily with Tech, Design and Production teams
- Coordinates and schedules fit models
- Knowledge of construction standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to effectively influence.
- Ability to convey necessary corrections.
- Strong computer skills (preferred programs: computer pattern programs, such as ADS, Gerber, Lectra, computer spec writing programs such as Gerber, PDM, Karat, email system i.e. Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word)
- AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.