One in four women experience intimate partner violence every year in the United States, and one in 15 children are exposed to it.*
From watching her father, Antoria Gillon learned the mindset of an abuser. She started From Ordinary to Extraordinary (FOTE) to help other women and children escape a life of domestic violence, regain self-esteem, and become self-sufficient within society.
How You Can Help
For every Ingrid+Isabel purchase you make on Tuesday 11/30, we’ll donate a maternity or postpartum item to one of their three Dallas-area locations that's helped 1,700 women and children and counting:
- Resource Center: Provides baby supplies and clothing to moms at no cost, along with opportunities to earn their GED.
- Maternity Home: Safe space for young moms with small children fleeing abuse. While there, they learn job readiness, home economics, and parenting skills. After completing the program, each mom moves into her own apartment.
- School of Beauty: Community school that teaches skilled trades to help victims earn a living wage and become self-sufficient. They’re opening another school in Houston in 2022.
More Ways To Support
- Donate: The organization accepts donations directly via their website: www.iamfote.org.
- Volunteer: If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you can apply to volunteer at one of FOTE’s locations.
*Source: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence